Who Can Register The Death
The person registering the death is known as ‘the Informant’. Below is a list of potential informants. If you are unsure of any part of this please contact us;
- The Next of Kin, a relative or Civil Partner who was present at the death
- The Next of Kin, a relative or Civil Partner present during the person’s last illness
- The Next of Kin, a relative or Civil Partner living in the district where the death took place
- Any person present at the death including an occupant of a Nursing/Residential Home or Senior Official from a Hospital where the death took place.
- An owner or occupier of the building where the death took place, who knew of the happening of the death
- The person arranging the funeral (but not the funeral director).