We can offer Direct Cremation Funerals for anyone wishing to choose this option. This type of funeral has become more popular in recent years as a more affordable option when compared to a Traditional Funeral Service.
As a small local independent family business in Bude, North Cornwall, we feel it is important to provide information to help you better understand what a Direct Cremation means. This will help you make an informed decision so that it is the right choice for you and your loved one.
We use dedicated Crematoria within Cornwall and Devon.
Why Choose Denise Wellington Funeral Services?
Our Direct Cremation option is comparable in price to larger funeral companies but offers a far more personal service. You and your loved one will receive the compassionate, caring, trusted, and professional support we are well known for.
You may wish to read what other bereaved families have said about us on our testimonials page.
What is a Direct Cremation?
A Direct Cremation is where your loved one is conveyed to our premises in Bude to rest, prior to their cremation. There is typically no funeral service or mourners in attendance at the time of the Cremation.
Is Direct Cremation a good idea?
In many cases, a Direct Cremation can be a good option, but you need to think carefully about whether the option of not holding a funeral service is right for the bereaved family and close friends. A funeral service whether religious or not is an important part of the grieving process and plays a role in accepting the death of a loved one.
Can you attend a Direct Cremation?
Direct Cremations are not usually attended by family or friends. However, a small number of mourners may attend the crematorium for 10-15 minutes to witness the committal, however, this will incur an additional charge (see below). We can discuss this with you further should this be your preferred option.
How much does a Direct Cremation cost?
Our Unattended Direct Cremation option costs £1,295. The crematorium also provides the option for a small number of mourners (up to a maximum of 8) to be present at the time of committal. This will incur an additional fee of £200.
What does our Direction Cremation option include?
- We make all necessary arrangements for the cremation on your behalf and provide professional advice.
- Funeral arrangements can be made either by phone or by visiting our premises at Thornelea, Bude.
- Conveyance of the person who has died into our care within a 10-mile radius (distances further than this may incur additional charges)
- Dignified care of the person who has died
- Payment of Crematorium fees and Doctors fees on your behalf
- Dedicated Crematorium Locations within Cornwall and Devon
- Provision of a suitable coffin
- Provide appropriate staff and a suitable vehicle to convey your loved one to the Crematorium
- You may attend our premises when the coffin leaves to pay your respects if you wish
- Online obituary with Funeral Guide via our website
- Online donations via our website Obituary page and in partnership with Just Giving
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium if so wished
Should you wish to discuss this further or gather information regarding the full range of options we can provide, please call us for a no-obligation chat on 01288 359277.